The ULTIMETER 800 is an exceptional value. It includes most of the outstanding features of our ULTIMETER 2100 (excluding barometric pressure), and tracks more than 90 weather values. If you require full wind, temperature, and humidity functions, but don’t require barometric pressure readings, the ULTIMETER 800 offers a host of capabilities
- Measures WIND SPEED, WIND DIRECTION (click to see sensor), OUTDOOR TEMPERATURE (click to see sensor), INDOOR TEMPERATURE, WIND CHILL, TIME, DATE, OUTDOOR HUMIDITY (with optional sensor ), DEW POINT, AND HEAT INDEX; INDOOR HUMIDITY (with optional sensor ), and RAINFALL (with optional sensor ).
- It offers the unsurpassed performance and reliability of cabled sensors – the professional’s choice (see Why are cabled sensors better?)
- Like the ULTIMETER 2100, the ULTIMETER 800 has an exclusive AUTOMATIC 9-BANK MEMORY SYSTEM for highest and lowest readings. You can display all of today’s highest and lowest readings, all of the previous 7 days’ highest and lowest readings, and yet still display interesting extremes from a major storm weeks ago! You’ll also be able to see the exact time and date each high and low occurred.
- You can reset each long term high and low memory individually or you can use use a MASTER RESET to clear all long term high and low memories simultaneously. This feature makes it particularly easy to keep monthly records, or to monitor the highs and lows while you are away for a week or two.
- And it’s also easy to transmit the data or collect it remotely. The ULTIMETER 800 features SEVEN SERIAL DATA OUTPUT MODES, selectable from the keyboard, making it easy to connect to remote devices to send weather data by modem, internet, or radio link. Our WeatherVox voice response unit uses the complete record mode, whereas the Packet Mode is perfect for radio “beacon” applications. The ULTIMETER 800 comes APRS-ready, requiring only direct cable connection to a TNC.
- A second Serial Data Port connection (new feature) is provided in the ULTIMETER 800’s sensor junction box, delivering greater flexibility in the location and connection of The Weather Picture, PC Weather Data Logger, or other peripheral weather accessory.
- The ULTIMETER 800 INCLUDES BUILT-IN STATIC ELECTRICITY DISCHARGE PROTECTION for all outdoor sensors. IT’S THE MOST “BULLET-PROOF” BASIC HOME WEATHER STATION YOU CAN BUY.
- The system features a UNIQUE ADJUSTABLE FLASH FLOOD ALERT using any of our rain gauge models. A 3-way battery indicator tells when the battery is weak, and also tells when the system is operating from battery. Of course the ULTIMETER 800 offers a full array of adjustable weather alarms.
- The ULTIMETER 800 tracks over 90 WEATHER VALUES.
- Bright blue backlit display and illuminated keypad.
- Unparalleled expansion capability – you won’t outgrow it!
- Optional sensors include Humidity Sensors and Rain Gauges (several models to choose from).
Perhaps you just need a basic weather station – wind speed, wind direction, outdoor temperature and possibly rainfall. Even so, you have every right to expect that your system will be just as reliable and accurate as the most elaborate top-of-the-line system. Rest assured that our ULTIMETER 800 uses the same top-quality sensors, including the incomparable ULTIMETER PRO Anemometer, featuring exceptional response in all wind conditions, including very low wind speeds (typical starting threshold 1.5 mph! here’s why). It also features the same great data processing as our renowned 2100 system, including WeatherText® serial data output, and is APRS-ready. It is unsurpassed as a basic electronic weather station for the professional or serious amateur weather observer.