- Small, compact housing
- Tension sensor MZH-422 with integrated microprocessor controlled measuring amplifier and RS-422 interface for multi station system
- Typical material path – warping the 3 rollers
- Ball-bearing mounted guide rollers,
– V-grooved (for material with max. 4 mm Ø)
– U-grooved (for material with 3 up to 15 mm Ø)
– tape grooved (for material with max. width of 10 mm)
- Easy installation, even afterwards, on existing machines
- Universal mounting possibility – easy to install, even afterwards, on existing machines:
The sensor can be mounted using the two threads at the underside of the housing body. Alternative it can be fixed on two flanges on the side of the unit.
- Easy calibration to customized material by operator – zero and gain calibration is required
- Measuring principle – load cell with high quality strain gauge bridge
- Control lamp shows operative mode availability
- Tension sensor MZH-422 with aluminium housing
- CAT 5 cables are used for data transfer
- Required power supply +15…24 V DC (regulated)
- Certificate of Compliance with the order 2.1 according EN 10204 is included
- Optionally available: Inspection Certificate 3.1 according EN 10204 with calibration report
Special features of the RS-422 interface:
- Up to 24 sensors with different tension ranges and designs may be connected in one line (data transfer max. 200 readings/sec.)
- Connection to RS-232 using a converter (RS-422 – RS-232).
- The RS-422 signal can be used for a single sensor over a distance of 1000 m.
- Each sensor can individually be addressed and set up
- Can be connected to PLC controls with digital input
- Simple connection to BUS-Systems using gateways
||Measuring Head Width*
||SCHMIDT Calibration Material**|
|MZH-1000-422||0 – 1000 cN||120mm||PA: 0.30 mm Ø|
|MZH-2000-422||0 – 2000 cN||120mm||PA: 0.50 mm Ø|
|MZH-5000-422||0 – 5000 cN||120mm||PA: 0.80 mm Ø|
|MZH-10K-422||0 – 10 daN||120mm||PA: 1.00 mm Ø|
|MZH-20K-422||0 – 20 daN||120mm||PA: 1.50 mm Ø|
|MZH-50K-422||0 – 50 daN||120mm||Steel rope 1.50 mm Ø
|MZH-100K-422||0 – 100 daN||120mm||Steel rope 3.00 mm Ø
Other tension ranges and measuring head widths available on request.
Other measuring units available, such as g or kg.
* Outer dimensions of front plate
** Suitable for 95 % of applications PA = Polyamide Monofilament
Calibration to customized material:
If process material differs significantly from the SCHMIDT calibration material in diameter, rigidity or shape, special calibration using customer supplied samples is recommended. For this purpose a material sample of about 5 m should be supplied.