- The analog display of tension meter DX2 shows changing and fluctuating tensions fast and enables an optimal process adjustment
- The built-in material thickness compensator compensates different material diameters for a particular range (only DX2-1000 and higher ranges).
- Filament guide and roller shifting mechanism ensure easy acquisition of the running material
- Special finger support located on the rear side reduces the effort to move the outer roller assembly
- Custom-built configurations and special calibration are available
- Everything in operator’s view:
– the guide rollers
– the measured material
– the readings
- Ball-bearing mounted, V-grooved guide rollers
- Each instrument is individually calibrated for highest accuracy
- 41 mm Ø scale
- Tension meter with rugged aluminium housing
- Certificate of Compliance with the order 2.1 according EN 10204 is included
- Optionally available: Inspection Certificate 3.1 according EN 10204 with calibration report
Material thickness compensator
For better accuracy the material to be measured or a similar material with the same diameter should be inserted.
We recommend mounting a finger support for higher tension ranges of tension meter DX2
Determine the tension of the thread at a sewing machine with a tension meter DX2-1000-M
||Measuring Head Width*
||SCHMIDT Calibration Material**||Material Thickness Compensator|
|DX2-50||10 – 50 cN||66 mm||PA: 0.12 mm Ø||no|
|DX2-120||20 – 120 cN||66 mm||PA: 0.12 mm Ø||no|
|DX2-200||20 – 200 cN||66 mm||PA: 0.12 mm Ø||no|
|DX2-400||20 – 400 cN||66 mm||PA: 0.20 mm Ø||no|
|DX2-1000||50 – 1000 cN||66 mm||PA: 0.30 mm Ø||yes|
|DX2-2000||200 – 2000 cN||116 mm||PA: 0.50 mm Ø||yes|
|DX2-5000||400 – 5000 cN||116 mm||PA: 0.80 mm Ø||yes|
|DX2-8000||1000 – 8000 cN||116 mm||PA: 1.00 mm Ø||yes|
|DX2-10K||2.5 – 10 daN||116 mm||PA: 1.00 mm Ø||yes|
|DX2-20K-L||5 – 20 daN||216 mm||PA: 1.50 mm Ø||yes|
Other tension ranges and measuring head widths available on request.
Other units of measure available – g or kg.
* Depending on model, either width of filament guide or outer distance between outside guide rollers
** Suitable for 95 % of applications – PA = Polyamide Monofilament
Calibration to customized material:
If process material differs significantly from the SCHMIDT calibration material in diameter, rigidity or shape, special calibration using customer supplied samples is recommended. For this purpose a material sample of about 5 m should be supplied.